Senior Planner & StrategistPOSTED ON April 18 2018
Reports to: SVP, Director of Brand Planning & Strategy
Experience: 4+ years of experience in brand management, brand planning, strategy or consulting roles, preferably in an agency setting
Required education: Bachelor’s degree
Office location: Boston’s North End
Does the future of advertising mean branding, experience and product design, or business consulting? Can something live in the middle of 3 options? Because if so, that is how 451 thinks about the opportunity.
We have an immediate opening for a Senior Planner & Strategist to join our brand planning and strategy team. We are lucky to partner with some incredible companies that look to us for guidance on how to transform their brand, their consumer communications and experiences, and their businesses.
What will you be doing as a Senior Planner & Strategist?
- Be the unabashed voice of the consumer, including culture, trends, attitudes and behaviors, and emerging digital habits
- Develop provocative, surprising insights and points of view
- Author creative briefs, and strive to elevate good drafts to great ones
- Sell, design and conduct both qualitative and quantitative research
- Influence and elevate the work, from creative, to PR, to technology and everything in between
- Continuously refine writing, presence and presentation skills, and apply these skills to own meetings without dominating them
- Practice short- and long-term thinking for our clients
- Serve as a beacon of truth both internally and externally
- Produce work that wins awards and drives our clients’ businesses
What are our requirements for the ideal Senior Planner & Strategist candidate?
- Understands data and insights, can articulate the difference and interplay between them, and will relentlessly fight for both
- Understands how to create partnerships across all departments, and enjoys breaking down traditional responsibilities to produce better work
- Embraces empathy and enjoys looking at things from new angles
- Is a self-starter who doesn’t wait for direction
- Enjoys solving problems as much as identifying them
- Loves the question “Why?”
- Enjoys thinking about multiple problems at once
- Knows the right questions to ask and how to push for better ideas and work
- Is able to act as a mentor to junior planners and summer interns
- Is more interested in inspiring and creating great work than attending meetings
451 is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity and to the values of diversity, respect and open mindedness that are the foundation of our creativity and teamwork.
Under no circumstances will 451 discriminate against qualified persons on the basis of race, color, religious creed, retaliation, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, gender, disability, mental illness, genetics, choice of health insurance, marital status, age, veteran status, or any other basis prohibited under applicable law. All applicants for employment and employees are reviewed on their individual qualifications for a position.
Applicants, as well as position incumbents, who become disabled as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act must be able to perform the essential job functions (as listed) either unaided or with the assistance of a reasonable accommodation to be determined by management on a case by case basis.
All interested candidates please submit your portfolio and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.