Human Resources CoordinatorPOSTED ON August 7 2018
The Human Resources Coordinator is an entry level position that entails providing comprehensive administrative support to day-to-day operations of the Human Resources department by ensuring the delivery and accuracy of employee data records, recruitment processes, reporting, gathering confidential information, entering in employee information to both payroll and benefit systems and assisting in other HR duties as needed. This role would be someone driven and ambitious who has a desire to have an important impact on a rapidly-growing organization.
A personable, results-oriented, multi-tasker that is able to handle a variety of day-to-day duties will succeed in this position. This is a position where you must work independently, but also requires interaction with staff and department heads in a professional, empathetic and courteous manner.
Essential Job Functions:
- Preparing and posting job advertisements, screening and responding to initial resumes and scheduling interviews
- Preparing all new hire documents for onboarding orientation
- Responsible for uploading all newly updated forms and policies to the 451 site, network and other appropriate company areas
- Updating employee benefits for medical, dental, 401k, disability, PTO, etc. in payroll
- Assisting in coordinating a robust and dynamic intern program including onboarding, scheduling important dates, and supporting interns with various needs
- Providing assistance in monitoring various employee initiatives
- Responding to employees on various HR/Benefit related questions
- Attend campus recruitment activities with HR Manager
- General HR Administrative duties as needed
Candidate Qualities and Characteristics:
- Problem Solving – Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Independently seeks out solutions
- Quality Management – Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Monitors own work to ensure quality
- Empathy and Ethics – Treats people with respect; Keeps commitments; Inspires the trust of others
- Dependability – Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments; Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan
- Initiative – Volunteers readily; Undertakes self-development activities; Seeks increased responsibilities; Asks for and offers help when needed
Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree or completion of other relevant training program
- 1+ years of experience in a Human Resources role, preferably within an established HR structure
- Experience with using standard office-based software including Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint
- Must possess strong interpersonal skills
- Must be able to prioritize and use time efficiently while working on multiple tasks simultaneously
- Must be dependable, able to follow instructions and respond to management direction
- Confidentially in all areas in mandatory
*The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to do this job. The above is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties required.
External and internal applicants, as well as position incumbents who become disabled as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act must be able to perform the essential job functions (as listed) either unaided or with the assistance of a reasonable accommodation to be determined by management on a case by case basis.
451 Agency is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity and to the values of diversity, respect and open mindedness that are the foundation of our creativity and teamwork.
Under no circumstances will 451 Agency discriminate against qualified persons on the basis of race, color, religious creed, retaliation, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, gender, disability, mental illness, genetics, choice of health insurance, marital status, age, veteran status, or any other basis prohibited under applicable law. All applicants for employment and employees are reviewed on their individual qualifications for a position.