Director of SEOPOSTED ON April 12 2019
Reporting to the VP Digital Performance and Analytics, the Director of SEO will provide senior leadership on client accounts and be the subject matter expert in defining, realizing and implementing successful SEO strategies that drive organic growth.
As SEO Director, you should be as passionate about using a data-driven approach to develop and manage enterprise SEO strategies for clients as you are in developing the skills of your team.
Essential Job Functions:
- Plans, develops, and implements SEO strategies on behalf of 451 Agency clients
- Contributes to the thought leadership of the accounts and strategies by forecasting changes in our industry and suggests improvements and adjustments to the current strategy.
- Provides competitive and market opportunity analyses as they relate to search intent, competitor niche saturation, backlink profiles, and SERP anomalies.
- Provides advanced site structure and performance recommendations (including information architecture, navigation, design, conversion, etc.)
- Works directly with the analysts to present and report on data-driven insights, technical findings, KPI’s, and other industry and competitor research.
- Effectively communicates to internal and external stakeholders the opportunity for, and value of, website changes, updates, and content revisions.
- Leverages and train team on various internal and external analytics tools to measure SEO performance and competitive performance such as SEM Rush, Moz Analytics, Google Analytics, Google Search Console, Moz Analytics, Conductor, Screaming Frog and more.
- Works cross-functionally across teams to implement and teach SEO as part of a holistic approach to marketing and ensure cross-functional alignment. This includes Digital Advertising, PR, Social Media and Creative teams.
Preferred Education, Experience, and Skills
- Six or more years of professional work experience in a related role with exposure to how marketing campaigns impact natural search visibility.
- Previous experience regularly engaging in high-level business and strategy conversations.
- Demonstrated ability to deliver results to internal and external stakeholders.
- Strong understanding of search engine algorithms and ranking methods.
- Experience identifying key performance indicators and success metrics given knowledge and understanding of client-specific business goals.
- Experience deriving technical insight from Google Analytics, Google Search Console, and directly from SERPs.
- Knowledge of technical, usability and content-related aspects of a website and their impact on search.
- Proven ability to interact successfully with cross-functional teams and build collaborative relationships.
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications, Information Technology, Business or a related field
To apply send your cover letter and resume with the subject “Director SEO candidate” to Vmariscal@451agency.com