Director of Social Media StrategyPOSTED ON June 28 2018
The Director of Social Media Strategy leads the social media team to drive strategy and results across Agency 451 client accounts. This a client-facing position and the successful candidate will have 7+ years of social media marketing experience working for an agency or brand, including experience leading and managing a team. This position is fast-paced and has great opportunity for growth. The right candidate for this role will be very communicative, understanding of client needs, can run the Social Media Strategy team, mentor junior team members and can think critically and strategically in all situations. The right candidate will also be organized, detailed-oriented, curious and analytical.
- Take ownership of social media client accounts and in some cases, manage client relationship from the social side.
- Lead and manage social media team members, including Strategy Leads, Strategists and Engagement Coordinators.
- Oversee accounts from a strategic level, continuously providing insight and new opportunities to achieve client goals.
- Manage client teams for social media client accounts, ensuring that teams are on track and working toward client goals in a strategic manner.
- Work closely with EVP of Digital and the Account Management team on client satisfaction and upsell opportunities.
- Work to promote integration among teams and utilize cross-team strategies for clients.
- Set and nanage expectations of clients.
- Lead regular social media team meetings.
- Conduct performance reviews of direct reports.
- Deal with conflict resolution.
- Conduct one-on-one meetings and mentor direct reports on career path.
- Assist in making social media team hiring decisions.
Candidate Objectives & Job Specifications/Qualifications:
- Strong, professional written and verbal communication skills.
- Deep knowledge of a wide variety of social media platforms and activities, including an understanding of how to engage, listen and monitor communities in each.
- Experience working directly with brand or clients to determine specific needs and creative ways to exceed expectations.
- Experience developing social media strategies across platforms, including utilizing analytics tools and understanding of how to engage, listen and monitor communities.
Visit 451agency.com to learn more about our team members, our work and our ongoing commitment to give back to our communities (#451Cares).
451 is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity and to the values of diversity, respect and open mindedness that are the foundation of our creativity and teamwork.
Under no circumstances will 451 discriminate against qualified persons on the basis of race, color, religious creed, retaliation, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, gender, disability, mental illness, genetics, choice of health insurance, marital status, age, veteran status, or any other basis prohibited under applicable law. All applicants for employment and employees are reviewed on their individual qualifications for a position.
Applicants, as well as position incumbents, who become disabled as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act must be able to perform the essential job functions (as listed) either unaided or with the assistance of a reasonable accommodation to be determined by management on a case by case basis.