Director of SEOPOSTED ON August 6 2018
The Director of SEO will provide senior leadership on client accounts & be the subject matter expert in defining, realizing and implementing successful SEO strategies that drive organic growth. The SEO Director is passionate about integrating organic marketing across SEO, content, social media, Digital Advertising & PR while managing lower level SEO employees. The Director of SEO should be responsible for team’s P and L, a resource for the sales team and new business, as well as responsible for tracking hours accurately. The Director of SEO will also be team lead and project manager on larger integrated accounts where applicable and work on both local and global integrated accounts.
The Director of SEO is responsible for growing the SEO department, including team members and clients. All hires should go through the Director of SEO. As 451 is a growing agency, we may occasionally require Director of SEO to perform duties outside of SEO. All 451 employees, including Director of SEO may be required to work outside of regular office hours (9-5).
Essential Job Functions:
- New Business Audits and Presentations, Scoping and Upsell Opportunities
- Case Study collaboration and creation
- Manage team profits and losse
- Manage Hours Allocation and Projections
- Leverage and train team on various internal and external analytics tools to measure SEO performance and competitive performance such as SEM Rush, Moz Analytics, Google Analytics, Google Search Console, Moz Analytics, Screaming Frog and more.
- Lead Agency 451 to abide by SEO Best Practices to help optimize client’s web presence. Includes, but not limited to: site audits, content recommendations, site architecture, keyword selection and utilization, analytics, meta data and link-building.
- Collaborate on a search marketing strategy based upon client objectives while making recommendations for how best meet and exceed client needs.
- Help team develop and execute project plans that can be automated for scalability
- Work cross-functionally across teams to implement and teach SEO as part of a holistic approach to marketing and ensure cross-functional alignment. This includes Digital Advertising, PR, Social Media and Creative teams.
- Develop and carry out relationships with client vendors and agency partnerships
- Study industry trends and changes in the search landscape. This includes assessing impact of changes to our clients and developing strategies in response to industry updates.
- Attend and coordinate white-boarding and brainstorm sessions while leveraging SEO knowledge
- Help team prioritize tasks and carry out tasks
- Be familiar with all SEO client and account details
- Weekly one-on-ones with SEO employees and interns
- Leverage expertise to identify upsell opportunities and scope growth opportunities
- Assist in new business development
- Manage team’s hours across each client and notify client/account manager when approaching limit
- Attend conferences as well as provide recommendations for conferences to attend, speak at, etc.
- Assist other departments with cross-training opportunities and collateral
- Other duties as required
- Detailed knowledge of Google Analytics, Google Search Console, Screaming Frog and other SEO tools
- Experience evaluating and managing agency partnerships
- Goal oriented with strong attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills (written/verbal), presentation and analytical skills
- Strong project management and delegation skills
- Work well individually as well as a team environment
451 Agency is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity and to the values of diversity, respect and open mindedness that are the foundation of our creativity and teamwork.
Under no circumstances will 451 Agency discriminate against qualified persons on the basis of race, color, religious creed, retaliation, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, gender, disability, mental illness, genetics, choice of health insurance, marital status, age, veteran status, or any other basis prohibited under applicable law. All applicants for employment and employees are reviewed on their individual qualifications for a position.