Digital Advertising SpecialistPOSTED ON July 10 2018
Reports to: Director of Digital Advertising
Experience: 2-3 years’ experience in Digital Advertising
Education: Bachelor’s degree
Location: Boston’s North End
From driving e-commerce and lead generation to furthering customer affinity and engagement, 451 Agency meets customer goals with digital advertising campaigns that selectively leverage every kind of paid search tool, from SEM (Google Adwords, Bing Ads, Yahoo: Search Ads) to Social Media Advertising (Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, YouTube, etc.) to Digital Display Ads. If you have solid experience managing Paid Search/Pay Per Click campaigns for SEM or Social Advertising and are ready to build on those skills, our Digital Advertising Specialist role is for you. We’ll broaden your knowledge to other tools and platforms; deepen your already strong understanding of targeting and optimization strategies; and, as your expertise grows, give you greater visibility with clients and a larger role in strategy development. You will also be expected to share your knowledge through the mentoring of entry-level team members.
What are the top five reasons to bring your Digital Advertising career to 451 Agency?
- We’re THAT good and we’re growing.
In 2004, our partners founded 451 Agency right here in Boston with the ambitious goal of making people fall “crazy-in-love” with brands. We’ve done just that, with a comprehensive blend of services including digital marketing (digital advertising, SEO, online reputation management, social media and content), public relations, influencer programs, media buying and advertising, creative development and experiential event planning. Today, our staff of 70+ serves a diverse and growing roster of regional, national and global clients. Our relentless focus on creative and integrated solutions has helped us win more than 28 industry awards since 2014, including SABRE Award finalist for Boutique Agency of the Year, Social Media Club Awards finalist for Best Agency, and a PubClub Gold Bell Ringer Award for Paid/Earned/Owned Communications.
- We’ll broaden your horizons.
The Digital Advertising field is adding new tools at a rapid pace and that means your skills will be constantly evolving. We prioritize staying at the forefront of new developments by supporting our team members’ attendance at conferences and seminars. Beyond that, our monthly digital learning sessions will expose you to innovative, multi-channel work being done across the whole agency.
- We’ll give you a path to advance.
With a defined career track and a record of promotion from within, there is plenty of opportunity to grow along with us.
- This job comes with both friends and benefits.
Along with health care plans (with employer-reimbursed deductibles), a dental plan and 401(k) with company match, 451 Agency offers an array of benefits that show our appreciation for a job well done. Some of our most beloved perks include pizza Fridays, a smoothie bar, bottomless snacks, a dog-friendly office and our summer Fridays program (up to two Fridays off from June thru August that do not count against your annual PTO accrual).
- We will “get” your most hilarious close variant memes.
What will you be doing as a Digital Advertising Specialist?
- Develop the most strategic, effective and cost-efficient Search Engine Marketing (SEM), Social Advertising and Digital Display Ad programs
- Analyze and optimize targeting/retargeting utilizing advanced skills in keyword research and selection, demographics, contextual and behavioral targeting
- Set up Pay Per Click (PPC), Cost Per Thousand (CPM) and Cost Per Click/Call (CPC) ads and campaigns, including writing ad copy and selecting landing pages
- Set and update budget caps, making sure accounts are pacing properly based on predetermined spends
- Review accounts pre- and post-launch
- Track and report on campaign results and perform ad hoc data analysis
- Own ongoing optimization efforts to meet client objectives, including daily management of campaign budgets, on-site conversion actions, ad creative, bid management and negative keyword strategies
- Review and analyze competitor sites
- Proactively provide strategic recommendations applicable to the client’s business model and goals
- Stay informed about industry trends and best practices and understand how they can be applied to accounts
What are our requirements for the ideal Digital Advertising Specialist candidate?
- Experience with digital ad accounts such as AdWords, Bing Ads or Facebook
- Previous campaign management experience and an understanding of:
- Setting up AdWords & Facebook accounts from scratch
- Different types of search engine marketing tactics
- PPC optimization techniques (ROI / CPA / CPL / Impression Share)
- Identifying and achieving Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)
- In-depth understanding of Paid Search campaign management and optimization practices as well as search retargeting
- Experience with reporting and analytics, including strong skills in Excel
- Ability to analyze data and results, identifying trends and determining key findings and insights
- Excellent written and oral communication, presentation and interpersonal skills
- Ongoing motivation to learn and improve yourself and your approach to Digital Advertising
Even better (but not required), you are Google AdWords and Google Analytics certified and possess:
- AdWords and Bing Editor experience
- Google Tag Manager experience
- Experience with Paid Search Platforms like Marin, Kenshoo, DS3
- Working knowledge of display networks and programmatic advertising
451 Agency is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity and to the values of diversity, respect and open mindedness that are the foundation of our creativity and teamwork.
Under no circumstances will 451 Agency discriminate against qualified persons on the basis of race, color, religious creed, retaliation, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, gender, disability, mental illness, genetics, choice of health insurance, marital status, age, veteran status, or any other basis prohibited under applicable law. All applicants for employment and employees are reviewed on their individual qualifications for a position.